Travel Award Applications for IASLC WCLC 2019 is NOW OPEN!
The 2019 World Conference on Lung Cancer is delighted to provide Travel Awards for the Early Career, Developing Nation, Patient Advocate and Nurse or Allied Health Professional.Apply for Early Career, Developing Nation, Nurse or Allied Health Professional Travel Award(s) Apply for the Patient Advocate Award
Notifications of acceptance are expected to be available on Friday, June 7, 2019.
Travel Awards are available for Early Career professionals and residents of Developing Nations (as defined by the IASLC Membership Guidelines*). These awards will consist of complimentary registration to the conference, up to four (4) night’s accommodation, a fixed amount to cover travel expenses and free membership in the IASLC for one year. If you fulfill all criteria for both awards, you may apply for both; however, if selected, you will only be offered one award.
*Currently corresponds to the World Bank list of countries in the following income groups: low income, lower middle income and upper middle income, or those countries where GNI per capita is US$12,476 or less. List of countries is available at www.iaslc.org/countries
|Eligibility for Early Career Travel Award
||Eligibility for Developing Nation Travel Award (as defined by the IASLC Membership Guidelines)
|Supporting Materials for Early Career Travel Award (35 years of age or younger)||Supporting Materials for Developing Nation Travel Award (as defined by the IASLC Membership Guidelines)|
About the Patient Advocate Travel Award
In its efforts to increase links to patient advocates and advocacy organizations around the world, the IASLC offers travel awards to a limited number of patient advocates to attend and participate in the IASLC World Conference on Lung Cancer. The number of travel awards shall be limited to a maximum of five. Fewer than the maximum amount may be awarded, depending on the interest, qualification of the applicants and the review process. Applicants for the Patient Advocate Travel Award will be required to submit a detailed application, a summary of expected outcomes for attending and any other supporting documentation required for review by the IASLC. The award is open to organizations that can show 501(c)(3) or similar type of non-profit status and to individuals not affiliated with an advocacy organization.
Awardees will receive:
- Complimentary Conference registration
- A fixed monetary amount (to be determined based on location) to help offset travel costs
- Up to four nights’ accommodation at one of the Conference contracted hotels
- Free IASLC Membership for one year
Please note that if your travel costs exceed the fixed monetary amount, the IASLC will not be able to provide further financial support. Any costs exceeding the fixed monetary amount will be at your own expense.
Eligibility for selection in 2019 will include:
- The demonstration that the organization or individual has limited financial resources – supported through IRS form 990 submission or other documentation;
- Compatibility between IASLC and the advocate or advocacy organizations’ missions, including the ability of IASLC to benefit from and contribute to the organization’s mission;
- Recent and potential future partnerships or strategic endeavors;
- A detailed plan and description of how information about the conference will be shared and promoted with members of the public;
- Priority will be given to first-time applicants and applicants who are not already receiving funding for attendance through their own or another organization; i.e. Global Lung Cancer Coalition;
- The individual applying must be a current member of IASLC for 2019 (visit www.iaslc.org/membership to join);
- You must include the name and email of another IASLC member who endorses your application. Active members can contact the IASLC Regent from your region;
- For organizations applying, you must nominate ONLY ONE individual to represent the organization; multiple applications from individuals from the same organization will not be considered.
For any inquiries, please contact membership at iaslc.org.
IASLC is offering the opportunity to developing country and early career professionals to apply for the Nurse or Allied Health Professional Travel Award that will come with a complimentary conference registration, four nights’ accommodation and 1,000 USD to help offset travel expenses.
To apply, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- You must be a submitter and presenter of an abstract accepted for presentation
- You must certify/agree that you do not already have funding from another source (employer, etc.)
- Your profession is Nursing or Allied Health related (as per list below)
- You are either an early career professional* and/or you are from a Developing Country
- You should submit a full CV for consideration
- If you are applying as an early career professional*, you must submit proof of date of completion of training or of initial faculty appointment
Nurse or Allied Health Specializations
|Statistics/Biostatistics||Nurse Navigator||Radiation Oncology Nursing|
|Case Management||Nursing||Respiratory Therapy|
|Clinical Nurse Specialist||Occupational Therapy||Social Work|
|Dietitian/Nutritionist||Palliative Care/Symptom Management||Speech & Language|
|Infusion Nurse||Pharmacy||Surgical Nursing|
|Lung Cancer Nurse Specialist||Physician Assistant||Other Allied Health Profession|
*Early Career Professional Definition: The applicant must be within 3 years of initial faculty appointment or within 3 years of completing training in a nursing or allied health professional setting (For example, the candidate must be appointed to faculty or have accepted placement no later than September 30, 2016).
|Travel Award Application Deadline||April 17, 2019 (23:59 PST)|
|Abstract Submission Deadline||April 17, 2019 (23:59 PST)|
|Travel Award Notifications||June 7, 2019|
For any inquiries, please contact wclc2019-abstracts at icsevents.com